Leading gobal university marketplace Dfavo.com is working in partnership with two long-standing colleges in New Brunswick, Canada to educate Indian students about a new immigration stream designed to help support the Candian province’s increasing labour needs.
From April 2022, Indian students who graduate from COLLEGE X or COLLEGE Y from one of nineteen identified occupations, will be eligible to apply for the Provincial Nominee Program, allowing them to work and live in the province while they wait for permanent residency.
The current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) from Canada only allows graduates to remain in the country between eight months and three years depending on the duration of their studies. This exciting new immigration stream will allow graduates from studies in education, social development, health care, information technology, cyber security, business administration, and supply chain and logistics to transition to permanent residency specifically in the New Brunswick province upon graduation.
“This is an exciting development for international students who want to study and work in Canada. The designated colleges that have been selected by the Canadian government for this new immigration stream have enlisted the support of Dfavo to provide detailed counselling services for Indian students who wish to take advantage of this unique opportunity. Applications open in the Spring 2022 and we are already seeing high demand from prospective students” said Harinder Singh Aulakh, Founder and COO of Dfavo.com.
This initiative is something we have been working on for quite some time and we are pleased to get it across the line,” said Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour Minister of New Brunswick, Trevor Holder. “Newcomers are key to addressing the challenges of our labour market, and by providing this additional immigration stream we are empowering more of our post-secondary institutions to develop the skilled workers that the area needs.”
Dfavo.com provides a global gateway for students to process applications for multiple destinations all in one place. Students who interested in studying abroad can track their application status dashboard and upload your documents online while being supported by the Indian admissions centre in Chandigarh. Students who apply directly on the platform are also eligible for study grants.
Notes to editors
- Students are subject to the minimum academic requirements including English language proficiency for acceptance. Students must also demonstrate the required financial funds to support their studies in Canada as part of the visa application purposes.
- Dfavo offer a free support service to students who wish to apply to study overseas. Please see www.dfavo.com for details.
- The Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) is a pilot immigration scheme only available in the New Brunswick province of Canada. It is only available to graduates from the designated learning providers highlighted in this press release. More specific requirements and criteria are available at www.welcomenb.ca.
Targeted occupations for this pilot include:
- Social and community service workers;
- Early childhood educators and assistants;
- Educational Assistants;
- Health-Care aids;
- Home support workers;
- Licensed practical nurses;
- Paramedics and related occupations;
- Medical laboratory technologists;
- Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants;
- Medical administrative assistants;
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers;
- Web designers and developers;
- Computer network technicians;
- User support technicians;
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers;
- Payroll clerks;
- Shippers and receivers;
- Supply chain and logistics supervisors; and
- Production logistics co-ordinators.